Books I Have Read Lately

Here are brief, opinionated reviews of the books I read. I welcome comments.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Cause Celeb by Helen Fielding

This was an enjoyable read by the author of Bridget Jones's Diary, which was also enjoyable. I found it in a remainder bin somewhere. The main character is heartbroken, as usual, and goes to Africa to work in a refugee camp in order to heal. There are crises and a number of suspenseful passages during which the heroine proves herself. It's a look at the culture of the rich and famous, the world of NGOs and relief organizations, and a rather good peek into the mind of a very young woman in love with a truly hateful man. Well written, good character development. A good satisfying ending, too. I stayed up too late this weekend to finish it. I would definitely recommend it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home